Variation/endorsement of driving license
The Authority may require an applicant for renewal or variation as applicable to:
- fill in an application form;
- provide any additional information (including any evidence that the Authority may reasonably require as to those particulars);
- undergo any test which the Authority may require for license variation;
- provide one recent passport size photograph; and
- pay fee as per Schedule1.
Exemption from requirement for a Bhutan driving license
The Authority may exempt a person from obtaining a driving license for a period of three months if the person:
(a) has a valid international driving license;
(b) holds a diplomatic passport and a valid driving license issued in another country;
(c) is a foreigner who resides in Bhutan for a period not exceeding three months and in possession of a valid driving license issued in the country of residence; and.
(d) is a member of the armed forces